Line items appearing on the invoice are mostly already described by the user under the item list which is further quantified accordingly. In some cases, like service industry, however, several units of same item are sold such as under law industry a lawyer might sell full or partial hours categorized as legal advice. Another is that of a CPA who might be offering his or her consulting services as per hours. Under these user need to put in more than one line stating CPA Consulting Services, 100 hours costing $20,000. To show a little more professionalism while a detailed invoices needs to be prepared with proper information regarding the tasks completed listed in full detail. An example of this is illustrated below:
- Estate Planning – 1.5 hours
- Review of Agreement – 4 hours
- Prep for the new lease – 2 hours
More information similar to above can be provided detailing each and every task done along with the hours given for it. In order to keep proper track of this time given, user generally opts for Time Tracking tool of QuickBooks. This feature of QuickBooks allows user to keep an eye on employees or the customers and bill them as per the hours worked by them. Furthermore the employees can be provided salary and required work compensation as per the hours worked by them in the company. User can either set a specific activity in regards with project or the customer. Further end the set up by billing the customers for the activity performed. Users might end up with more than one customer or employee requiring the feature of Time tracking which will not be counted in terms with the price, or number of users for the subscriptions.
In order to track time and setting the preference on for it, user will be required to follow instructions below:
- Open the QuickBooks software and locate the icon of Gear followed by selecting the option – Account & Settings.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, select the option Advanced.
- In order to perform edit function, select the pencil option located next to Time Tracking.
- Ensure that both Add Customer field to timesheets and Add Service field to timesheets are checked to enable both customers and employees to provide detailed specification of the activities performed by them.
- In order to specify the first day of the work for the whole week, user needs to click on the dropdown menu and further select the day of their choice to start the full work week. This has direct affect on the viewing of the work week for customers and employees.
- Now select the option ‘Save’ and then the tab labeled ‘Done’ located on the right side of the screen in the bottom part of the window.
In order to add Time Tracking user feature:
- Select the Gear icon followed by Manage Users option.
- Next select ‘New’ option and Time Tracking only tab.
- Click on the specific employee and vendor for which Time Tracking only user needs to be added. (Remember for the daily user or the admin of the software Time Tracking can be accessed by selecting the ‘+’ (Create) option located on the right side or top area of the screen)
Reports formed under Time Tracking:
There are in general 4 reports which are generated in regards to Time Tracking tool:
- Time Activities by Customer Detail
- Edited / Recent Time Activities
- Unbilled Time
- Time Activities by Employee Detail
This feature is limited and not available with many versions of QuickBooks desktop and Online. Under QuickBooks Online, it is not included in Simple and Easy Start edition and can be accessed within QuickBooks Online Essentials and Plus edition. Another point to keep in mind is that user cannot go to previous version of the software once they have upgraded to another version. Thus it is imperative to be totally sure before performing upgrade feature. Furthermore, the tool of Time tracking is also not available with all devices like mobile or tablets. Thus the user will be unable to fill out the required form of Time tracking through tabs or mobile.
This should help to record time for employees and customer and keep any eye on how much work is completed under those particular hours in QuickBooks software. In the situation user still faces the same problems; it is recommended to approach the QuickBooks experts who are extremely knowledgeable regarding all things QuickBooks set up by Intuit. Moreover, if there is any issue in connecting with the team of QuickBooks for the same user can connect with us at our toll free number +18554815335 and live chat option on our website – http://quickbooksnumber.support/.