QuickBooks 2017 & 2018 , despite being sophisticated software, the software does end up in trouble with errors that puts a pause in the work flow. One such error is related to ‘H’ series. There are four most common error codes namely H101, H202, H303 and H505 of which H202 denotes:
- H202: The company file is stored on one system while QuickBooks software on another and the software is facing issues in connecting with the server of the other computer system.
Common Reasons for the Occurrence of H202 Error
The problem is that the QuickBooks software is not able to connect with the server in order to reach the company file. The common reasons for this problem are illustrated below for your perusal:
- The firewall settings of the computer system are restricting the entry or exit of QuickBooks server into the Internet system.
- Settings configured for the hosting of area unit is not correct.
- DNS setting are provided is not valid.
- Error could be due to QuickBooks services which are not active like QBCFMonitor / QuickBooksDBXX.
- The science address provided for the computer system that is hosting the software and company file is unable to be located.
- The files with extension .ND are either broken or corrupted that results in inaccessibility of the company file by the QuickBooks software.
Resolutions to Fix Error – H202
There are numerous resolutions which can be employed to try and fix these errors swiftly. However, it is advised that the user tries to access file after completion of every resolution in order to check which method successfully worked.
Resolution 1: Using File Doctor Tool of QuickBooks
First and foremost download and install tool called QuickBooks File Doctor. After installing run the tool on the server.
Resolution 2: Verification of hosting and services settings
Verifying the Hosting settings:
- On the computer system open the QuickBooks software, locate file tab and then choose Utilities option.
- Locate option stating ‘Host Multi User Access?’ It means the system is not hosting and as such can be closed to move on to the next Computer system.
- When you come across an option saying ‘Stop Hosting Multi User Access?’, and then select the option.
- If the company file showcases closed window then click on Yes.
Verifying the Services settings:
- Make sure that the Service unite is started of QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX.
- Now select the Windows button and then click on run box.
- In this ‘Run’ field type-in services.msc followed by Enter tab.
- A screen called Service will open where locate appearance for service named QuickBooksDBXX.
- In case the service is not visible, then task the Information Server Manager to put the screen in multi-user mode.
- Once you locate the QuickBooksDBXX service, then select it to make the start-up ready and running in order to begin the repair function.
- Now select the option named ‘Recovery’.
- Restart the computer system through menu bar. This will automatically restart the service called QuickBooksDBXX.
- Now click on the Save button in order save the changes made.
- Now for QBCFMonitor Service repeat all the steps above.
- Open your QuickBooks software under multi-user mode for all computer systems.
Resolution 3: To configure the firewall settings open all network ports used by the QB software for communicating outside
Check and locate all the security software like AVG program that comes integrated with Windows 8. Alter the settings for Windows Defender as it is one of the root causes for network restrictions.
Resolution 4: Integrate the server with the Windows host file.
Resolution 5: Last resort is to structure a new folder to store the company file and share it across server by allowing access to certain computer system.
If the issue still persists then the customer care team of QuickBooks can be reached who can proficiently resolve all types of QuickBooks error in limited time period.