QuickBooks software has over the years improved its services from providing all the required features or tools as per the needs of the user. Swift and easy handling of accounting activities has been facilitated greatly by new and innovative features included in the versions as and when they are upgraded. However, despite being so powerful and secure, the software is as exposed to errors as any other software. One such error faced by many users is non-connectivity of the software with the bank accounts or issue in downloading the transactions. The error can be easily resolved by following the instructions illustrated below.
Resolution in Scenario of Non-Connection with the Bank
User needs to first of all ensure that they have tried to connect with the bank through all possible links, name and URLs as many of them have more than one name in the list of bank accounts of QuickBooks which leads to the possibility that the name, or link mentioned by the user might be wrong. In the scenario the user is connected with bank and their credit card consequently garnering updates regarding the same, they might have also gotten a message stating the ‘financial institution is not supported anymore due to security concerns upgraded recently’. This is when the problem in downloading the transactions come into play. User is advised to connect with their bank to inform them about the issue and restore the connection with QuickBooks software.
The non-connectivity between the bank and QuickBooks, however, can be caused due to many reasons including:
- There are many banks which are referred by different names in the list of the software, thus at times user might have selected a wrong link or name for connecting. One way to ensure correct bank is being connected to, user can select the bank name by using bank’s login link.
- It is quite possible that the bank does not allow for connection with certain types of accounts such a some may not facilitate connection with personal accounts.
- The bank might not altogether be part of the particular financial institution. In case the bank’s name is not available under the list provided with QuickBooks, user can request their bank to be added by clicking on tab labeled ‘Request Support’.
In order to ensure a connection can be established between the bank of the user and QuickBooks software follow the steps listed below:
- From the menu bar on left pane of the window, select the option Banking.
- Under the ‘Banking’ screen locate and select ‘Add account’ in the right side and top half of the screen.
- Locate the name of the financial institution and follow it by selecting the bank name under the tab ‘Results’.
- In the top half of the screen locate and select the website link of the bank.
- The above step will open the new screen labeled as the website of the selected bank. In order to verify that that the user can access the bank account through QuickBooks by going through the account’s summary, history and other details without encountering any errors.
In order for QuickBooks to establish the connection with the bank account, user should be able to access their account through this link. Sometimes a financial institution will have multiple logins to different types of accounts, but they choose to only release one website for connection to QuickBooks Software. If the user is able to successful access the account, then log out of the bank’s website and continue with adding the account.
If the above points of solutions do not help to resolve and configure the connection issue of bank with the QuickBooks software, then the user should immediately get in touch with the experienced QuickBooks experts. This issue can be dealt by the user alone or by contacting the QuickBooks experts for sure shot resolution. In the situation user still faces the same problems; it is recommended to approach the QuickBooks experts who are extremely knowledgeable regarding all things QuickBooks set up by Intuit. Moreover, if there is any issue in connecting with the team of QuickBooks for the same user can connect with us at our toll free number +18554815335 and live chat option on our website – quickbooksnumber.support.